This cake is something I just started baking a lot. Because it goes well with everything- by itself, with whipped cream, icecream. And it is gorgeously-chocolate-y, delicious and so easy to make.Serve it with coffee or tea and you have a dessert worth all those calories.Also this recipe calls for no flour. Just 4 simple, everyday ingredients- butter, eggs, cocoa powder and sugar.I love this cake both ways- moist and dense. For a moist, oozy filling, serve this cake at room temperature, slightly underdone. And if you prefer something more on the chewy, dense side, refrigerate for a couple of hours before eating.Ingredients
- 8 large, organic eggs
- 1 cup of good quality, unsweetened, dutch processed cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 1/4 cup of castor sugar
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract <optional>
- Icing sugar
- Whipped cream mixed with a good spoonful of vanilla sugar
- Ice cream
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- With the help of an electric mixer, beat the eggs for around 4 minutes until light-coloured and fluffy.
- Meanwhile. melt the butter in a microwave and allow to cool. Spoon the cocoa powder into a measuring cup, bit by bit. Make sure not to push the cocoa tightly into the cup. Sieve the cocoa and keep aside.
- Slowly pour the cooled, melted butter into the fluffy egg mixture and keep whisking on low speed. Next add the sugar and cocoa, beating continuously until it all comes together. Finish with folding the vanilla extract.
- Pour the batter into a well-buttered rectangular baking tin.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Drizzle some icing sugar on the top. Serve with ice cream or whipped cream.
If you do bake this, please send me a picture or upload your masterpiece on Instagram with the #BakingWithAnkita. I would love to see how it comes out for you. Until then, happy baking.